To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Sunday 4 July 2010

Life: as I see it - my Space edition

Dear Readers,

If, for the barest tiniest moment, you doubt the extent of my obsession with books, then I welcome you to take a few peaks into my bedroom, my space, my personality in a solid tangible form. Enjoy!


















I'm almost ashamed of how much bookshelf space Stephanie Meyer's work takes up!

This would be my bedside reading pile.









my "Classisc" shelf plus a cast of my TEETH! (Aside: note the photo, to the right of my brother and me in our lovely primary school uniforms. I was probably 7 at the time)
my university text books and revision guides 













If there are any books missing it means they have been lent out to friends
Ah! Christopher Paolini, nothing more needs to be said. 










If you have read the Inkworld Trilogy then you will understand why it holds so much space in my heart!
And finally, meet my awesome and adorable laptop, resting resolutely on my desk. It has molecular formulas on it which I, being my exceptionally nerdy self, found extremely excellent. It's part of Product Red, which was also really cool because simply by buying it, I donated about £80 to fighting AIDS. As the old-Tesco lady always said "Every little helps!"

Now we move outside. This is because I spent most of today baking in the sun in my garden. However, unlike most people, I'm not too keen on burning myself a tan. So why was I in the garden today, you may ask? Well the answer in my opinions is obvious enough: I was gardening, though not in the conventional sense of the word. 

As you might know, my house is undergoing some major redecoration and for the past few weeks (in order to take full advantage of the rare-but-wonderful weather) the focus has shifted to the garden. Our builders, however, have run away for some reason, (some excuse about stolen tools, though I think it may have something to do with having seen me after I'd been revising all night). So that is why I spent the better part of this morning being splattered by paint, when trying to convert a two-storey cemented wall into a white one. This also involved a lot of large ladders and walking at roof-level (Ezio-parkour-style). I have to admit, the white in my hair gives me a look of wisdom; although, unfortunately, that isn't mirrored in my behaviour.      

The rest of the day was spent, quite literally, shovelling truck-loads of mud and fertile soil into buckets. Then moving the buckets from one end of the garden to the other (about a 10 meter walk), then dumping all that black-brown stuff into our raised flower-beds. And who was it doing all this back-breaking-work? Well not my brothers or father that's for sure. Forget 'girl power'! for once I'd like to see the men-of-the-house doing the sweat-dripping-heavy-duty work while me and my mum sat back and sipped tea and acted generally fragile.    

Okay, I believe that that is enough of a rant for now. I'll probably blog next when the pain in my arms begins to recede.

Nida

P.S. - The picture above is of the Big-Butterfly in the garden that I insisted on getting! I can't help it, I'm a girl  who adores butterflies and moths.    

4 comments:

  1. hehehe, was one of ur best I must say... love your room! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Thanks guys, I love you both too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo... check out my new blogs:

    http://mapofmedicine.blogspot.com

    http://islambites.blogspot.com

    =D

    ReplyDelete