To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Wednesday 1 September 2010

a Title and a Poll

Dear Reader,

As you know, I've been doing a lot of writting for 'The BIG ONE', as I've come to calling it. So I've been giving a lot of thought to what to call this novel. As you can guess 'The BIG ONE' isn't exactly an appropriate title. So I decided I'll let my dear readers have a say in the matter. 

On the most basic level, the story is about this girl called Nabiha and all the major changes she goes through in her most formative years (i.e. from 17 to 29 years old). She lives in modern time London. Oh, and she also happens to be suffereing from Sickle Cell Anaemia. 

Initially, it started off with the working title 'The Life of my Alter-Ego' for reasons explained in a previous blog, but I always planned to change that title. So as I was writing, I realised that the novel was centred around a lot of very important conversations, which led me to a couple of new titles, e.g. 'Life in Conversations' and '...in Conversation with Nabiha'. 

Anyway, I've set up a poll in the side bar ---->, where you can vote for which ever title catches your eye, or would make you want to read that book. But if you like none of them, then I'm happy to take suggestions. Just leave them in the Comment section and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. And here's a nice little treat, if I really like your suggestion then I'll add it to the poll as well. :-)   

Well that's all I have to say for now. Make sure you vote or leave a comment - we do leave in the age of democracy after all.  

Anyway, take care.  
Nida 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, I just checked and found out that I can't add items to a poll once someone has placed a vote.

    But keep the suggestions coming anyway, because if I really love an idea I might even start a new poll.

    ReplyDelete