To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Monday 29 August 2011

a Conversation in Rhyme

Dear Reader,

My friend Codename: Pixie and I just had an eerily interesting conversation through text messages. Actually it's a conversation that's been going on for days now, switching from phone calls to text messages and back again. But when this conversation  became poetry, I know not. But there is a piece that I particularly like, that I have named Smile (©2011). The reasons and inspiration behind these poems is too long and complex to go into now. However, I have decided that I would like to share them with you, lucky Reader:

I started out like this... 

"Where is your smile, dear?
Has the sadness become too much to bear?
Has the burden of the last seven years,
Destroyed your youth in these final tears?
Where is your smile, dear?
The light in your eyes seems to disappear
Torn up your innocence it has, I fear
And left your soul in this horrid disrepair
Where is your smile, dear?
A bright sun has risen, the day is fair
There's hope for the future, don't despair
Will your smile ever come back, my dear?"

...and so Pixie's reply was her version of the poem...
  
"One day, your smile shall return, my friend.
Life is resilient, with ups and downs till it's end. 
One thing is certain,
For me your God's send
With whom I shall argue and laugh and pretend.
I will chase away all your unwanted fiends.
One day, for sure, your upside down smile will mend."

...to which my response was...

"You bring a smile to my face,
A giggle into my voice.
Tears leave their trace,
But I still have a choice.
I will love and laugh and enjoy my life,
And not dwell on past struggles and strife.
I know that there will always be things that I rue,
But there are just not enough hours in a day.
So as long as I have a friend like you,
A smile will never be too far away."



I hope you enjoyed that. I would love to write more and share more, however I need to go and do some emergency grocery shopping. 

Nida


ETA - I forgot to Thank Pixie for giving me the permission to post her poetry on my blog. So Thank you Pixie dearest.

1 comment:

  1. Aww sooo sweet. That's what friends are for. :-D

    Nehima xxx

    ReplyDelete