To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Sunday 8 April 2012

Eleven Facts & Questions

Dear Reader,

I know, I know. I've been away from the entire blogging scene for many months now, and I apologise to all those who missed me. Sorry. I probably wouldn't have come back either if I hadn't been tagged by my lovely fellow blogger x@hu to answer 11 questions. So, apparently these are the rules:

  1. Post 11 random facts about yourself 
  2. Answer the 11 questions I asked 
  3. Tag other bloggers and create 11 questions for them to answer. 
  4. Inform those that you tagged them 
  5. NO TAG BACKS 

I decided to explain my prolonged absence in 11 facts about me.  
  1. Currently I'm doing an MSc in Cardiology which, as you can guess, is a lot of hard work.  
  2. As mentioned previously, I spent all of February, and some of March, on a working-holiday in a hospital abroad. 
  3. While on this working holiday, I met my fiancée and his family after a very long time. 
  4. This was a very pleasant experience and was the perfect remedy for spending long hours with very sick patients.
  5. However, since I've been back, my life has been quite an emotional roller-coaster, leaving me with very little time to blog. 
  6. Hmmm... I seem to have finished my explanation in only 5 facts. Fact: the rest will just have to random stuff about me. 
  7. I'm a very fidgety person and my hands are very rarely completely still.
  8. I need the sound of a ticking clock to help me sleep.
  9. At the moment, I have more than 300 books in my little 8'x8' bedroom, (physical proof of my obsession).
  10. I really want to learn to speak/understand Arabic and will be taking classes soon Inshallah.   
  11. Ironically, I started wearing the hijab when I was 11 but didn't really understand what it meant and what it stood for until I was 19. 
And now for the 11 question that I have to answer.

1. Why are you, you? (tee hee) 
Hmmm..... now how do you answer a question like that without going into an philosophical essay .... well I suppose it's partly genetics, but I believe that most of our personality is shaped by our circumstances, our upbringing, the people we meet etc... basically by what experience through out our lives ... and this is actually something that is quite changeable .... So without writing anything too long, to answer your question: I am the product of my experiences.   

2. What was the highlight of your childhood?
Alhumdulillah, I've had a wonderful and brilliant childhood and have too many good memories to pick just one.  

3. What was the one thing about Islam that made you become interested in it?
As I briefly mentioned above, I use to wear the hijab but didn't know why. And so I started questioning and the first place I looked was the Qur'an ... And so once I had started I couldn't stop and carried on reading and learning more about Islam ... and Inshallah this learning will continue throughout my life.  

4. What's the weirdest thing you've eaten?
Years ago I accidentally ate this Lamb's-brain-curry-thing (Siri-pye in Urdu). Hands down, that's the most weirdest and disgusting thing that I can remember ... but my mum has always told everyone that I use to eat paper and magazines as a baby ... I guess I've been I bookworm from the start lol ;-)     

5. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? :P
I use to as child. But when I realised it doesn't make the elevator come any faster, I stopped. :-p

6. Have you ever failed an exam?
I haven't actually failed ... but once I got a low enough grade to make me redo the exam ... does that count?

7. What's something you know you do differently than most people?
Hmmmm ... I don't know what most people do so I'm not sure what I do differently ... but I'm sure there are several things... 

8. What's your favorite book? Aside from the Qur'an of course :)
OMG!!! ... how can I possibly answer that question! I've read so many books, and plenty of them were brilliant, it's difficult to put my finger on just one. But I suppose I could give you, dear reader, a selection of favourites: North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Sabriel by Garth Nix, The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, Ruby in the Smoke by Philip Pullman, Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling and Fire by Kristen Cashore.   

9. If you could offer a newborn child just one piece of advice, what would it be?
A newborn child wouldn't understand me ... but this piece of advice would be for any/everyone: always respect and listen to your parents because they always have your best interest at heart, and always remember that Allah (SWT) loves you 70x more than your mother...  

10. Where would you like to be, ten years from now insha Allah?
In ten years time, Inshallah, I will be married, with a child or two, and working on becoming a published author. Insha Allah!!   

11. Lastly, what is your most beloved feature of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam)?
Choosing one attribute is very difficult. I've always held much respect and awe for our Prophet (SAW) because he was a Divinely-appointed final Messenger, an Extraordinary Revolutionist who changed the face of not only Arab Society but the entire world in general, a Brilliant Military Strategist, and a Just and Righteous Leader. But when I read about his loving and humble attitude/treatment towards his daughters, family and friends that made me realise how human he  (SAW) was and really made me love him the way, as a muslimah, I should.     

And now for my 11 daunting questions:
  1. What makes you smile the most?
  2. What is the one thing without which your day is incomplete?
  3. What is your most memorable ayah/quote/surah from the Qur'an?
  4. Other than the Prophet Muhammed (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), who do you look up to?
  5. When was the last time you laughed like crazy?
  6. Which food could you eat day-in-day-out, for years?
  7. Do you listen to music? if yes, why?
  8. What is your opinion on the state of the Ummah today?
  9. What's the one thing you really want to learn?
  10. What do you like to do in your free time?
  11. And (because I'm just me) other than the Qur'an, what is your favourite book/series?
And finally here is a list of people who have to answer my questions. :-)
If any of my readers want to answer these questions, you are most welcome to do so in the comment's below. I always love to learn about other people.

Nida   

1 comment:

  1. Assalamualaikum :)

    JazakaAllahu Khair for the tag.. and so lovely to know you better! :)

    InshaAllah will answer your questions soon!

    ReplyDelete